Wednesday 25 July 2007

I hate making choices

Today was my first day of orientation. Had to travel all the way to NTU early in the morning because I'm only moving in to my hostel next week. I honestly detest the journey. The train i so packed in the morning tt i end up standing for half of my journey.Oh and NIE is another thing altogether. Is it me or does it seem like i have to climb a lot of stairs and go up a lot of slopes in NIE? Hui Cheng and I had to go up a slope from the 199 bus stop to get to the NIE building but when we finally get to the building we realise tt we had to climb more stairs because we were at Basement 3!I mean which B3 is on top of a slope???!!! Basements are supposed to be underground!! At this rate i better lose weight man..

Anyway today we mainly had talks. Subject talks so tt we can choose our majors & minors (or AS1 & As2 as they call it..) tomorrow. So far Math is totally out since i don't meet the minimum requirement of a C for A level Math or Further Math and even if i were to go for the qualifying test tomorrow, i'll prob fail it. Similarly the sciences are out too. Art is out since i have no portfolio whatsoever, drama is out since I'm bloody self-concious & would prob die if i were asked to act and music is out (kinda of a pity i feel..) because i can't read scores. English Literature is a big no-no since i can't seem to get it at all. Geography i dunno.. it's ok i guess but i think i'd rather not do it. So tt leaves me with just History & English language which is all fine & gd. But here's the problem-- i can't decide among the two which to major in and which to minor in. I have to do a major for 4 yrs & a minor only for 2 yrs. I totally dig history but the thing is tt doesn't mean i do well in it. But the stuff they're covering in yr 3 & 4 seem so fun. How?? I'm stressed.. any suggestions??

No comments: